Thursday, October 05, 2006

Change

Change. It is part of life. It is inevitable. Change happens whether you want it to or not. What is important is how you deal with change. Will you accept it or fight it? Change has been a major theme in my life recently. Sometimes I deal with it graciously, other times I want to fight it with every ounce of my being.

I recently had to move because my roommate of nearly two years got married. For a few months, I tried to find someone to move in with me but in the end decided that it was best to move on. Now I have a new roommate, Teri, and we live in a house that she owns. Perhaps "recent move" is a bit of a misnomer. I moved three months ago, but it was just last weekend that I finally finished unpacking and actually got something hung on the wall.

September 1st was my first day in a new division at work with a new boss. Any day now, they will be telling me that I have to move cubicles so that I am in closer proximity with the rest of the division. I have a new computer which I must say is a wonderful upgrade. I now have a laptop and can work wirelessly around our office. Hooray for updated technology!

September was also the start of a new leadership position for me in the young adult group I am a part of. I am now in charge of Integration, in which I'm supposed to figure out how our group will integrate with the larger church body. We do not see ourselves as a church but rather one small piece of a larger chuch. As a whole, we aren't very good at integration but that's another topic for another day.

I'm also adjusting to being further away from my parents, again. For the past 15 months, I have been living with 60 miles of my parents, the closest I've lived to them since I was in high school & lived at home. Two weeks ago, they moved to northern Minnesota to a small town called Hackensack, a funny name for a town if you ask me. I can no longer run up for a meal with them after work or take a sewing project to my mom. I must once again plan visits in advance and budget for them.

It is interesting to me that so many changes have coincided for me in a relatively short amount of time. These are not necessarily negative changes, but change nonetheless. And there are many more that I could list. I'm so grateful my Father does not change like shifting shadows (James 1:17). He is my Rock in the midst of constant change.

No comments: